Friday, January 4, 2013

5 Question Friday

Mama M I’m back!!  Yeah it’s been awhile since I did a 5QF but to be honest until lately I really haven’t been in a blogging mood.  I have been so overwhelmed with parenting as a single mom, juggling all of Thing 1’s need’s that had not been formally diagnosed until last month, making sure everyone gets some sort of sleep  at night, giving Thing 2 the Mom time she needs….you know parenting and life in general.

Well I am back now and ready to kick off the 2013 with a 5QF!  Oh did I mention its my 31’st birthday today too?  Happy Birthday to me!!  I ordered an iPhone 4s for myself yesterday Smile  It was seriously time for this mommy to upgrade!  Plus the kids got iPad 2’s from their school district in October & November.  Now Mommy and her monkey’s can keep in touch so much better.

Oh and if anyone has an app’s that are good for kids with PDD-NOS and ADHD PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.  I am always looking for great app’s for Thing 1!

Now on to the 5QF!  Don’t forget to link up with Mama M!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them,

1. Have you set any goals/resolutions for 2013?

You know I actually don’t do New Year’s Resolutions.  I do however do a “Things I want to accomplish before my next birthday” list.  Things on the list for this year are:

  1. Run the South Padre Island Sand Crab 5K & 10K Nighttime Beach Run
  2. Run the Color Dash with Thing 2 and our friends again this year
  3. Loose 15 more pounds
  4. Go through Experiencing God with my friends
  5. Read one book a month

Of course this is just a short part of my long list.

2. Have you made any travel/vacation plans for 2013?

Travel plans?  Not really.  The only places I do want to go this year are to Fiesta Texas (we were given season passes as Christmas present from my cousin), Schlitterbahn New Braunfuls, Texas State Aquarium, and of course as many trips to South Padre Island and the beach as we can.  My friends and I are debating about a kid-free trip to Fredericksburg this summer.  And I would love to take a road-trip with my siblings to CO or TN and go camping.


3. What room is never cleaned in your house?

Ugh..my bedroom.  It’s like Mama M said “Cluttered, messy catchall that it is.”  We live with my parents so my room is the place where I do a number of things for 3 people.  Hopefully it won’t stay that way for soon.  Moving plans are in the works!


4. What food must be in your house at all times?

Fruit!!  Banana’s, grapes, apples, oranges.  Anything for Thing 1 to munch on.   Along with ketchup and Miracle Whip, Twinning’s English Breakfast Tea and Coffee!!


5. Are you a hugger or more of a hands off person?

I am totally a hugger after I get to know you.  My sister is not a hugger at all.  She tolerates hugs.  The only people she will allow to hug her before she has a) woken up and b) before she has had her coffee are my kids.

 

The Single Mom

2 comments:

  1. A night time beach run sounds like so much fun! We don't have anything like that out here in the Midwest. At least not to my knowledge.
    I enjoyed reading your Friday Five answers.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed stopping by from the 5QF!
    Almost everyone has answered their bedroom for question #3! Mine included. =)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete