Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Miss Montana....

I am not the type of person to watch the Miss America Pageant on TV at all.  However that being said I will be watching this year.  Why?  Because of one girl, Miss Montana.

Have you heard of her?  I hadn't until this morning.  Why her?  Because she has Autism! PDD-NOS just like my monkey to be exact!  Not only that but she wasn't diagnosed until she was 11.  My monkey was finally diagnosed at 10.  What a relief it is to know he isn't the only child to get such a late diagnosis!  You can read Alexis Wineman, Miss Montana post on Autism Speaks here or the article in the Billings Gazette here.

Anyway here is her interview with Gretchen Carlson (winner of the 1989 Miss America Pageant while representing her native Minnesota) on Fox and Friends this morning.

I may be a Texas girl but on Saturday I will be a Montana girl.  Go Miss Montana!!


The Single Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment