Monday, March 11, 2013

Life….

Sorry for the break I took lately but like usual life has gotten in the way.  These past two weeks have been hard.  Like “I want to give up, someone else take over” hard.  Honestly some days I don’t mind the ASD/ADHD roller coaster that we can take on a daily basis but then there are some weeks like the past two that just make me want to jump ship.

Parenting is hard.  There is no doubt about it.  Parenting a child who needs extra help in some areas?  Harder but not difficult.  Doing it alone?  Exhausting and overwhelming.

Where I live there isn’t really a support group for parents with children with ASD/ADHD or just either separately.  Living with my parents has been a big help.  But then there are days like we had last week where I know my son is trying and I am trying and both of us are loosing control and we don’t mean to its just that the stress of the situation gets to be to much.  And my dad doesn’t understand and looses his temper which doesn’t help with the “I’m failing as a parent and I cant do this anymore” feelings that I fight some days.

Spring break started today.  The kids started at Camp Cascade today.  It’s a “day camp” that the kids are going to from 8am-1pm everyday this week while I am at work.  Hopefully the kids will enjoy it. 

I am not looking forward to school starting back up next week.  But really its just because we have to have an ARD when we start back for Thing 1 because he failed a subject.  But to be fair the school wasn’t following his ARD and not helping him with his organization/ helping him with bringing his homework home.  I can’t afford to take off from work at 3pm everyday to go through his desk to make sure we bring homework home. 

Single momma can only do so much….sigh…

The Single Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment